Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Idle bitz...

American Idol is an amazing show...for the creators!! I must agree, Simon is a clever man. Get a bunch of people who are willing to make a fool of themselves on national TV, throw in a lot of product placements, make a mockery of the contestants (in many cases, justified) and laugh your way to the bank!! The show really gets interesting (atleast for artistically inclined people like me) only in the latter rounds. However, it's not a straight forward talent show in the sense that, with the public voting in the final rounds, it becomes a talent plus "many other factors" contest (Unfortunately!). I am continously amazed by the response that this show generates and so, the creators must be doing something right. It's all about the formula...

Cricket is on a brief lull before India plays the Windies and Sri Lanka in preparation for the World Cup. Teams are all experimenting with their line-ups hoping to find the right formula (again!!). India will have to do much better than they have been performing in the recent past. Is there an elixir for all their ills before the WC begins?

I'm already getting my withdrawal symtoms...of football. Two more weeks of it and then I've got to wait for 6 long months before draft day and training camps. I had a great time this year playing fantasy though I got smoked in the first round of playoffs. However, I deem it a creditable effort, this being my rookie season. Plus I signed Colston in the second week much before America knew who he was!! Maybe I should be a NFL scout!! There's a great matchup this weekend with the Patriots facing the Colts. I'm sure it's gonna be an exciting game as usual, with all the drama that involves Brady VS Manning, Dungy VS Belichick, Adam etc. I hope the Pats pull this one off. It's going to be a tough game since Indy is playing well and the defense has stepped up. This could be the year that Manning steps up too. As a Pats fan, I hope that doesn't happen and the Pats sail through.

GO ...



No comments: